expression

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Sat Nov 30 05:34:33 EST 2002

Aida Baharuddin wrote:

> Hi netters,
>
> I have a protein, predicted to have 2 domains.
>
> My question is, is it possible to clone one of the
>
> domain in the expression vector. If yes, how?

Possible, certainly.  Whether you will get a folded and soluble
protein is another matter.  If there is extensive hydrophobic contact
between then two domains you'll probably won't get a stably folded
protein.  Since you already known what the predict domains are,
therefore presumebaly know the boundary of each domain, you can just
cut out the particular one you are interested in.  Make constructs of
varying sizes if you are not sure of the exact location of the linker
(if there is one) between the domains.  Use secondary structure
prediction to help guide you.