hybridyzation

Jianwei Jiao jjianwei at delphi.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 7 15:06:50 EST 2002

Hi there,

I am screening the mouse (129sv) genomic library. I have successfully
screened one clone from the lambda library ( clontech). However, I tried
several times to screen another gene. I can not get the positive blot in the
plates. I checked for the probe (800bp) carefully and found that the
sequence cover 2  small partial of exons and  1 total intron. And the probe
was amplified by PCR from another mouse species. So I just wondering if the
probe which I am using contain some sequences which are not homologous to
the 129 sv genomic DNA.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Jianwei