Please help with stable transfection

Khoa Ngo Khoa.Ngo at baker.edu.au
Mon Oct 7 22:55:53 EST 2002

On 5 Oct 2002, John Ladasky wrote:

> The problem of making stable transfectants that are truly stable is
> unfortunately a common one.  Like you, I have had the percentage of
> fluorescence-positive cells decline as I continue to grow cells.
> Other researchers in the laboratories where I have worked have also
> had trouble.  It doesn't always happen, but when it does it is
> extremely frustrating.

Couldn't this arise from gene silencing? Although you have generated a
stable transfectant, the cells may have figured out a way to shut off
the
gene of interest.

 What would be other possible explainations for heterogenous expression
of a transgene in batch of cells derived from one single cell???

   Khoa
... . . .  .  .  .    .    .    .     .     .     .      .      .
.
legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate
legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch

The information contained in this email and any attached files is strictly
private and confidential.  This email should be read by the intended
addressee only.  If the recipient of this message is not the intended
addressee, please promptly delete this email and any attachments.
---