OW1 buffer for Oligotex mRNA purification

Joop van Helvoort J.vanHelvoort at med.uu.nl
Tue Oct 8 06:37:42 EST 2002

Dear All,

In our lab we are using the Oligotex poly A+ RNA isolation kit by Qiagen to
isolate our mRNA for usage in microarray exprements. We have adapted the
protocol in such a way that there is not a sufficient amount of OW1 in the
kit. Unfortunately, Qaigen does not sell buffer OW1 separately. Can anyone
tell me what the composition if of OW1 or which alternative buffer we can
use to do the first washing step in the olgotex procedure?

With best regards,

Joop van Helvoort

Joop van Helvoort, Ph. D.
Genomics Laboratory, UMC Utrecht