cDNA library for EST project

Mark Cock cock at
Wed Oct 9 06:56:15 EST 2002

I would like to construct cDNA libraries of the brown algae Ectocarpus
for an EST project. Can anyone recommend a simple method that gives
both a maximum of full length clones and cDNAs that are easy to

I have made libraries in the past using Clontech's SMART procedure but
the strain used for plasmid rescue gave pour quality DNA in our hands,
necessitating the sequencing of PCR products. What about the Superscipt
kit, has anyone used this for an EST library?

Please send a copy of your reply to cock at

Thanks, Mark