Please help with stable transfection

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Oct 9 16:42:55 EST 2002

In article <c09b237b.0210091339.2867d9fa at posting.google.com>,
John Ladasky <ladasky at my-deja.com> wrote:

>> > unfortunately a common one.  Like you, I have had the percentage of
>> > fluorescence-positive cells decline as I continue to grow cells.
>> > Other researchers in the laboratories where I have worked have also
>> > had trouble.  It doesn't always happen, but when it does it is
>> > extremely frustrating.

For what it's worth, in at least one case this sort of problem was
eventually overcome by repeatedly subcloning the original (unstable)
population.  We eventually pulled out a clone that has proved stable over
a reasonably long period.  Whether this clone has further mutations that,
for example, reduces its ability to recombine or something like that, we
don't know.

Ian