Water-powered vacuum pumps?

D.K. dk at no.email.thankstospam.net
Wed Oct 9 22:42:43 EST 2002

C Coward <cc122 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>We're after one of those things you put on a tap to generate a vacuum
>(well, reduced ressure for aspiration at least). Any idea of any (UK)
>sources? I've had a look in the Fisher & Sigma catalogues, but  can't see
>anything appropriate (but then again, I don't really know what they're
>likely to be called).

Most likely they would be called aspirators. All general lab suppliers 
carry them. I find the the best ones are plastic thingies made by 
Nalgene - a lot cheaper than usual metallic and generate better
vacuum than many others. Fisher is Nalgene distributor. 


More information about the Methods mailing list