why we put sucrose to see better the mithocondria of the cell

Rene renevanwezel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 02:36:52 EST 2002

atillabicer at yahoo.com wrote in message news:<20021018085301.31508.qmail at ww02.hostica.com>...
> yesterday we made an experiment.we droped 7%sucrose solution and some janus green B inorder to see the mithocondrea of the onion cell in the compaund microscope.why sucrose was added,and why it's consantration is 7%

Probably because the plasmolysis will show up the mitochondria better.
I wonder whether that's still true when using phase contrast.

and what is the role of janus green B in this experiment?

It's a basic stain. Don't know exactly the pH of a mitochondrium, but
they dissolve in acid fixatives, so I guess...