Pwo Polymerase

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 06:37:57 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<Pine.GSO.4.21.0210221543260.8721-100000 at rac3.wam.umd.edu> on Tue, 22
Oct 2002, Chunxin Wang <cxwang at wam.umd.edu> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>From what I know, Pwo is isolated from the same strain as Turbo Tfu
>polyymerase and that's why they stop producing it.

Pwo is from Pyrococcus woesii and Pfu is from Pyrococcus furiosus but
their polymerase DNA sequences are identical, according to sequences in
EMBL.

> Roche has a new
>substitute product for Pwo, called Tgo. It's claimed that Tgo has much
>higher fidelity than Pwo. However, it's pretty tricky to work with. It
>worked well for me a couple of times and then stopped working forever.

However Pwo is now being sold again by Roche due to the clamour and an
alleged problem with Tgo manufacture (according to a Roche mail shot in
the UK a week or two ago).

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark