Pwo Polymerase

Duncan Clark junk at
Wed Oct 23 06:37:57 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost
<Pine.GSO.4.21.0210221543260.8721-100000 at> on Tue, 22
Oct 2002, Chunxin Wang <cxwang at> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>From what I know, Pwo is isolated from the same strain as Turbo Tfu
>polyymerase and that's why they stop producing it.

Pwo is from Pyrococcus woesii and Pfu is from Pyrococcus furiosus but
their polymerase DNA sequences are identical, according to sequences in

> Roche has a new
>substitute product for Pwo, called Tgo. It's claimed that Tgo has much
>higher fidelity than Pwo. However, it's pretty tricky to work with. It
>worked well for me a couple of times and then stopped working forever.

However Pwo is now being sold again by Roche due to the clamour and an
alleged problem with Tgo manufacture (according to a Roche mail shot in
the UK a week or two ago).

they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.