expression:82 kDa

mfowle1 at lsuhsc.edu mfowle1 at lsuhsc.edu
Thu Oct 31 21:06:42 EST 2002

Definitely possible...dare I say quite easy.  Whether you express it bacterially or in a mammalian cell really depends on what you need it for.  I routinely, and easily, express a 98 KDa protein in both.  However, when I express a GST-tagged protein for pull down assays I have to grow lots in bacteria to get enough to use for the assay.  But that isn't a big deal.  Just express it however you need to.  I do lots of transcription assays in mammalian cells, and size hasn't been a problem (even when tagged with GFP).  I just have to make sure it has a NLS because that big of a protein doesn't get into the nucleus by diffusion!

Marcie

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts&begin=0