Problems cutting PCR product

Tom Vink tvink at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 10 02:36:24 EST 2002

Two possibilities I suppose,

1. Most likely, your restriction site is at the extreme end of your
PCR fragment and can therefor not cut. Remedy. Design primers with an
extra tail of irelevant nucleiotides or, easier in this case,
posphrylate/ligate your PCR fragment to make your site internal and
than cut , this should always work.

2. Your RE is methylation dependent. Remedy. Choose another RE.