making a dual promoter plasmid

Mart Speek smart at kbfi.ee
Tue Sep 10 05:40:16 EST 2002

Dear Steve:

There are couple of works you might want to read about
promoter interference, e.g.,

Eszterhas SK, Bouhassira EE, Martin DI, Fiering S.
Transcriptional interference by independently regulated
genes occurs in any relative arrangement of the genes
 and is influenced by chromosomal integration position. Mol
Cell Biol. 2002 Jan;22(2):469-79.
...and refs in it.

Since I am working with a "bona fide" bidirectional promoter
of L1 Hs, I am looking for vector containing two reporter
genes (in opposite orientation, or head to head config)
which can be used to study the promoter interference.
Therefore, I am wondering, which reporters do you have in
your vector?

Mart in Estonia
(smart at kbfi.ee)