Which company provides Bcc I

John Ladasky ladasky at my-deja.com
Fri Sep 27 18:30:06 EST 2002

cxwang at wam.umd.edu (Chunxin Wang) wrote in message news:<Pine.GSO.4.21.0209241559440.14116-100000 at rac1.wam.umd.edu>...
> Hi all,
> Does anyone know which company is providing Bcc I? I looked all the major
> supplier's catalogs but couldn't find it. I need it for developing a CAPS
> marker.
> Thanks!
> Black

So that you know for next time, NEB runs a web site that references
restriction enzymes from many suppliers.  They are pretty fair about
giving competitors' enzymes equal treatment, as far as I can tell.

Visit http://rebase.neb.com

And yes, this site lists Bcc I as commercially unavailable.  But they
give a link to an address you can contact if you want to try preparing
some of your own enzyme (now, wouldn't that be fun!).

Good luck!

John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology
Johns Hopkins University