KOD Polymerase

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Sat Sep 28 07:49:33 EST 2002

Historians believe that in newspost <1103_1033041875 at newscache.ntnu.no>
on Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Sven Even Finborud Borgos <svenb at chembio.ntnu.no>
penned the following literary masterpiece:
>I just received an offer from Novagen concerning a new polymerase they call KOD Polymerase, claiming that this is the best ever (fidelity,
>processivity etc.)...
>
>Do any of you have any experience with this polymerase?

KOD pol is the same as Invitrogen's Platinum Pfx, but minus the antibody
that makes it Platinum. The enzyme itself is basically very similar to
Pfu (from aa alignment) but for a so far unknown reason, it has much
better processivity and depending upon who you believe, better fidelity.

Of course if anyone had been in Naples earlier this week at the
Extremophiles meeting, you would have heard the talk on KOD pol. :-))

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.