protein quantification

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:14:28 EST 2003

I am stumped too!  Here is an idea which may not be too outlandish.  Your
experimental protocol permitting, you could label the protein in vivo (35S) for
your different mitochobdrial samples. Then do an autoradiography of the gel.
The autoradiogram can be used to show th quantitative variation across the gel
for your protein of interest (this is assuming that you can actually detect the
polypeptide on a gel.  BTW, around 20kDa is not too small.  I am not sure how
you could actually quantify any protein without some sort of stoichiometry.

I'll think some more.

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Coll. Asst. Professor,