anyone have experience with rich A mRNA extraction methods / Kits?

"Lewis, Ben FMC Ben.Lewis at fmc.sa.gov.au
Thu Feb 20 18:47:57 EST 2003

Hi Brain's,
In the past I've routinely used a slightly modified acid/phenol RNA
extraction method outlined by Chomcsznski and Sacchi (1986), Analytical
Biochemistry 162, 156-159. At the time I was sampling very fatty tissue and
since there's is little [RNA] in carbohydrate rich tissue I required a
method that would allow reasonable and consistent yields. Once extracted I
would then reverse transcribe RNA using a First Strand synthesis kit
(Invitrogen I think). cDNA was generated from the 3' end of poly(A)-message
by using Oligo-dT primers. I could track down the catalogue number if
desired...
I hope this helps.

Benjamin Lewis BSc (Hons) GRACI

Research Associate