Genomic DNA PCR trouble

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 12:43:22 EST 2003

Historians believe that in newspost <b16ci2$p15$1 at news.tamu.edu> on Tue,
28 Jan 2003, Julie McCollum <julie at sorggenome.tamu.edu> penned the
following literary masterpiece:
>Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is there a better TAQ for this?

I would say you are getting close to the limit on AmpliTaq Gold, or any
similar chemically modified Taq's, for genomic PCR of that length. Your
94C may also be a little low for that enzyme. I would try 95C.

If that fails then I would try a standard non-hotstart Taq possibly with
a smidgen of Pfu or another proof-reader i.e. 1u Taq to 0.05u Pfu using
Pfu buffer as the reaction buffer.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark