keratinase

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 06:40:53 EST 2003

Dear Jeeva,

that's difficlult to say. Best, you screen the literature (e.g. in
http://www.PubMed.org) for 'directed evolution'. Look out for the reviews /
papers / articles by Willem P. Stemmer, Frances H. Arnold or Andreas
Pluckthun to get some ideas on current methods of mutagenesis and
screening. I am just afraid that there are as many methods as there are
papers (almost, of course). You will have to adapt them on your problem.

Alternatively, you simply could try a deliberated minimally dosed UV
irradiation of freshly seeded bacteria on agar plates and then screen the
colonies if you have an easy to perform assay (non-destructive on the plate
or in colony-lift style) for keratinase.

How do you plan to screen for positives and what kind of improvement do you
desire?

Wo

At 10:31 06.07.2003 -0700, peddu wrote:
>hi,
>which chemical is more efficient in the strain
>improvement(mutagenesis)of Bacillus producing keratinase.?
>jeeva

---