Plant DNA isolation

Stefan van Lier stefan_van_lier at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:10:13 EST 2003

Hi,

I want to isolate DNA from plants (tomato, pepper, chicory, lettuce etc.)
using magnetic beads.
Now I am using a standard CTAB protocol.
With this protocol I can isolate DNA from about 1200 samples a day using
deepwell plates.
But the yield is not the same in each well and I have to work with
chloroform.

So, I want to use magnetic beads to isolate DNA from vegetable plants.
This can be manual or with a device.
Any comment is welcome, protocols for isolating DNA from plants using
magnetic beads, suppliers of magnetic beads and any other tips.

Thanks, Stefan van Lier