Conservative changes - glycosylated N

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Jul 23 11:00:33 EST 2003

I want to mutate away potential glycosylation sites while doing as little
as possible to the protein in general.  I've seen lists of conservative
amino acid changes, but they don't differentiate between glycosylated
and non-glycosylated Ns.  It seems to me that the most conservative
change may not be the same for the glycosylated and non-glycosylated Ns.
Can anyone point me to a reference that explains my options?

Ian