Will lyophilisation kill all bacteria?

Rafael Maldonado not-this at not-this.com
Fri Jul 25 04:25:43 EST 2003

Just to let you know: in the market there are some filters said to be
non-adherent to proteins. But we have suffered some special sticky
proteins which can be lost in any place, even in the wall of the tubes.
So my advice is to filter a small part of the sample, and after that you
may wash the filter in sample buffer (probably you have to break the
plastic containgin the filter) to check how much of your protein was in
the filter. Usually, less than 10% is OK. With some proteins, we lost
more than 90%...

-R

--
Rafael Maldonado, Ph. D.