cDNA library

laurakal2000 at yahoo.com laurakal2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 06:02:07 EST 2003

I want to make my a cDNA library from human uterus tissue. I have looked into a few kits (namely Stratagene Zap Express and Clonetech SMART).

THe clonetech kit seems easier to use and also it does n't use radioactivity to monitor 1st strand and 2nd strand synthesis. Just wondering is it really necessary to use radioactivity ? Won't you see a smear on an ethidium bromide gel to confirm if you get cDNA synthesis anyway ?

We are currently using a non radioative kit for our Southerns/Northerns...so I am not experienced with radioactivity at all.

What do most people do out there when making libraries ?

Thanks,
Laura

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_methds-reagnts&begin=0