hai

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank at Fackelmayer.de
Mon Jun 9 14:22:52 EST 2003

In article <20030522065249.8107.qmail at ww02.hostica.com>,
<rs_santhosh at hotmail.com> wrote:

> three time I sub mitted this query. in my northern blot there is non specific
> bands lighting up at 23S and 16S rRNA How I can eliminate this problem

Normally, when you submit a query you either get an answer or not.
Asking more than once does not increase the chance to get an answer.
Anyway, your unspecific bands is ribosomal RNA which is very abundant
in total RNA. Whenever your hybridization conditions are not stringent
enough, you'll see these bands because of unspecific hybridization. To
solve the problem, prepare polyA-RNA or optimize your hybridization
conditions, or do both.

Frank