Easy way to measure pH of oil ?

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Thu Mar 13 11:09:05 EST 2003

Dr. Eimert,

I am not sure what your ultimate gaol is, but pH is essentially a parameter
that only polar compounds have.  I have not heard of "pH of Lipids".
"Neutralizing" lipids should basically yield either "soaps" or "fatty-acid
esters"!  Naturally "Litmus" paper or any pH-indicator paper would not work.

But, I would certainly like to know if I have missed something here.

regards

Hiranya.

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.