Protocol for identification of unknown bacteria

Trond Erik Vee Aune trondaun at biotech.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no
Fri Mar 14 10:06:44 EST 2003

Hi

I want to know how to do 16s sequencing on an unknown gram negative
bacteria. Preferably I would like to do the sequencing reaction directly
on colonies without the need to isolate genomic DNA first. I would also
like to know the sequence of the "universal" primers used. Is it enough
with only one set of primers to get enough sequence to correctly
identify the bacteria?

Trond Erik Vee Aune