Online SVM for biologists: train your data to predict

Chang Zhu czhu at changbioscience.com
Wed Mar 26 15:43:43 EST 2003

Frequently experimental data are observations: gene expression changes
in drug-treated cells, mutations in patients with known diseases, etc.
 The classification of the samples is already known.

In some cases, we are more interested in predicting the sample
classification. For an example, based on a number of clinical tests,
can we predict whether a patient will respond to a particular therapy
(responders/non-responders classes)?

SVM (support vector machine) Classifier is designed to provide
biologists a friendly statistical tool for testing whether your data
can be trained for making prediction.  The online version is available
at

http://www.changbioscience.com/stat/svm.html

Comments and suggestions will be especially welcome. Thanks.

Chang