[OT] making animation of protein structure

Florian beibs at gmx.net
Fri May 30 08:18:18 EST 2003

try the program "molmol". if you have got a file which contains data
about the 3d- structure of a protein (e.g. *.pdb) you can display the
data three- dimensional. the program provides the possibilities to
rotate the molecule, render ribbons, render backbones without
sidechains and many more.
download it for free (linux/many win- systems) at:

http://www.mol.biol.ethz.ch/wuthrich/software/molmol/

an alternative to the quite big software package "molmol" could be
"rasmol". this program does quite the same but it only has more basic
functions.

http://www.umass.edu/microbio/rasmol/

mfg,
florian