Redox state and Flow Cytometry-- without dyes or probes

SB biswas.16 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 13 11:39:31 EST 2003

Hi

I had posted this earlier stating that I'd like to know if anyone knew how
to determine the redox state of cells by flow cytometry. I guess I
should've been more specific. What I am interested in is in Bo Thorells
method (Cytometry, 2:39, 1981;and 4:61, 1983). This method does not use any
probes and depends on autofluorescence of pyridine and flavin nucleotides.
Can this be method be used with n argon laser (488nm) more specifically
with a Epics XL-MCL machine (Beckman-Coulter).

Thanks

SB