Silver staining Western membranes

Schwabe, TME tatjana.schwabe at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 26 13:17:04 EST 2003

There are two papers I remember, both in Analytical Biochemisty.
Phelps (1984) describes a complete destaining procedure before the blot.
Perides (1986) mentions that transfer is not inhibited by CBB, but
describes a destaining step after transfer for better visualisation of
proteins on the blot.

I haven't tried any of the protocols myself though.

Tatjana