Pulse-Field Gel Electrophoresis Equipment

TJames jthrppel at eircom.net
Fri Apr 2 10:19:29 EST 2004

Dear all

We are considering the purchase of a PFAGE equipment. I would like to
hear the groups opinion of the two makes in the market, biorad and
amersham. Mainly is the biorad equipment worth the cost, considering
Amersham list price is nearly half that of biorad. We are sharing a
biorad chef II equipment now but have no experience with Amersham
make. We would be using it mostly to separate yeast and some bacterial
chromosomes. We would like to get in touch with people who are using
the Amersham equipment and in general what is the wisdom out there
regarding the two.

Thank you very much in advance,
James

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net