Plasmid database?

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at web.de
Fri Apr 16 01:17:19 EST 2004

Trond Erik Vee Aune <trondaun at biotech.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no>
wrote in news:c5g5fn$fj1$1 at orkan.itea.ntnu.no:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking for an online plasmid database. I've found a few but they
> are very incomplete and doesn't contain all of the most used cloning
and
> expression vectors. Does anyone here have a link to a more
comprehensive
> database?
>
> Best regards,
> Trond Erik Vee Aune

Hi,

Here are a couple of sources, which may help:

http://shigen.lab.nig.ac.jp/cvector/cvector.html
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/3013/plasmid.html

And then there is always Genbank and EMBL.

Other then that, most commercial suppliers have quite elaborate maps and
sequence data of their vectors on their web sites.

Which vectors are you looking for, in particular - something very
"exotic"?

Regards,

Klaus