FW: bead mills

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Wed Apr 28 10:24:57 EST 2004

Hi all -
1st NOTE: I have no affiliation with any of the following companies:

-I recently purchased a Mixer Mill 301 manufactured by Retsch. I was most impressed by its great adaptability to preps of different sizes.  Check it out before you buy anything else!
-There is also a machine called a Fast Prep System (Bio 101 Savant, Savant Instruments, Inc., Holbrook, NY, USA).
-Glen Mills Inc., Clifton, New Jersey, USA (www.glenmills.com) specializes in milling equipment, their website is very broad and full of info.
-Spex CertiPrep has a magnetized bead mill (www.spexcsp.com)
-QIAGEN has the same set-up as the Retsch but they call it the "TissueLyser"

Hope this helps
TTFN
Dee Bell