FW: [OT] Looking for a protocol for chinese style dried plums!

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Mon Aug 2 15:07:36 EST 2004

I work with a bunch of fruit breeders and the simple organic method is:
1)	Make a solution of 2 parts lemon juice to 1 part water (citric
acid keeps the color)
2)	Half the plums and remove the pit
3)	Dip the plum halves in the juice then place in a dehydrator or
on a tray in the oven at a very low temp (200Fareheit) until the desired
texture.

You can also treat them with sulfur dioxide and dry them outside (SO2
keeps the bugs away)

Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
Exotic & Invasive Diseases and Pests