Research paper management

Han noone at nospam.invalid
Sun Aug 15 06:27:08 EST 2004

Tom Knight <tk at csail.mit.edu> wrote in news:vuyn00xqik2.fsf at soggy-
fibers.csail.mit.edu:

> I have many PDF files which I would like to organize and index.  How
> do others deal with online paper files?  I'd be especially interested
> in methods for linking into Pubmed or other bibliographic reference
> systems.

I use reference manager for my bibliography/paper management system.  Each
reference/paper gets (in my hands) a number, so everything gets filed
sequentially according to date of input.

Downloaded papers get organized on my (IBM-PC type) computer in a
"downloads" directory in subdirectories by journal name, with filenames
consisting of:
<vol#>-<page#>RM<reference mananger ID#>.pdf
like: E:\Acrobat Downloads\FEBSLetters\510-0062 RM5475.pdf
This info also goes into Referencce Manager, so a single click there opens
the paper.
--
Best regards
Han