Research paper management

Don Incognito imperat at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:16:52 EST 2004

Tom Knight <tk at csail.mit.edu> wrote in message news:<vuyn00xqik2.fsf at soggy-fibers.csail.mit.edu>...
> I have many PDF files which I would like to organize and index.  How
> do others deal with online paper files?  I'd be especially interested
> in methods for linking into Pubmed or other bibliographic reference
> systems.

I dump them all into one folder named, simply, "PDF". The organization
is in the filenames, specifically, like so:

(X, Y) Insert title of this paper here.pdf

where
X = Surname of the senior author
Y = Senior author's initials

Doing a Find in Windows is usually easy enough from here; I use
Endnote to link the papers I need in as I need them.

HTH.

Don Incognito
Insert "spam" in the subject to reply.