Transgenic Mice Advice?

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Sat Dec 11 17:13:42 EST 2004

's supposed White House
affairs. Consider the following excerpt based on Kelley:
  She knew far more about these goings-on than he ever
  suspected and dealt with them through hauteur, as when she
  disdainfully handed him some panties she'd found in her
  pillow slip, saying, "Here, would you find out who these
  belong to. They're not my size. (Ibid)

With this kind of standard I'm surprised the authors did not use
that other ersatz Kelley "bombshell" about Jackie, namely that
JFK's affairs drove her to electroshock therapy.

Many of the sexual anecdotes go unsourced, but there is one that
is footnoted that is quite revealing. The authors use it as a
coda to a chapter on Jack's early years in the House. This
passage synthesizes the image they wish to depict: Kennedy as the
empty vessel of his father who had his role as politician forced
on him after Joe Junior's death and who now uses sex as a release
from his own vacuity. It deserves to be quoted at length:
  The whole thing with him was pursuit. I think he was
  secretly disappointed when a woman gave in. It meant that
  the low esteem in which he held women was once again
  validated....I was one of the few he could really talk
  to....During one of these conversations I once asked him why
  he was doing it-why he was acting like his father...why he
  was taking a chance on getting caught in a scandal.... He
  took awhile to formulate an answer. Finally he shrugged and
  said, "I don't know, really, I guess I just can't help it."
  He had this sad expression on his face. He looked like a
  little boy about to cry (p. 214)

Pretty strong stuff. What else could the authors ask for but
young Jack confessing to their charge? But perhaps a little too
perfect? After contemplating the words, I thought to myself that
JFK was never this open to his girlfriends. Perhaps maybe Inga
Arva