home-made miniprep tips

song weining sweining2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 15:16:36 EST 2004

entirely
  on his own. (p. 106)

I could continue in a similar vein with excerpts from this book
and I could also go on with more questionable aspects of Clay
Blair's background. And I could then use this information, and
the inferences, to dismiss The Search for JFK. I could even add
that Blair's agent on his Kennedy book was Scott Meredith, who
was representing Judith Exner at the time. But I won't go that
far. I may be wrong, but in my opinion I don't think the book can
be classified as a deliberate distortion or hatchet job. Although
the authors are in some respects seeking to surface unflattering
material, I didn't feel that they were continually relying on
questionable sources or witnesses, or consistently distorting or
fabricating the record. As I have mentioned, the book can be
criticized and questioned-and dismissed-on other grounds, but, as
far as I can see, not on those two.

Dubious Davis

Such is not the case with John Davis' foray into Kennedy
biography. The Kennedys: Dynasty and Disaster 1848-1983, was
published in 1984, before Davis became the chief spokesman for
the anti-Garrison/Mob-did-it wing of the ramified assassination
research community. In its very title, his book is deceptive in a
couple of interesting ways. First, from the dates included, it
implies that the book will be a multigenerational family saga
tracing the clan from Joe Kennedy's parents down to youngest
brother Teddy. But of the book's 648 pages of text, about 400
deal with the life and death of John F. Kennedy. And more than
half of those deal with his presidency. In no way is the book an
in-depth family profile. Secondly, as any s