FW: Multi channel electronic pipettor

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Thu Dec 16 12:32:16 EST 2004

I would highly recommend that you ask each company to send you a pipette
to try out for a week or 2.  Most companies have a demo pipettor that
they are willing to send out (especially if you are going to purchase
several).
 Electronic pipettors can vary in their programming.  Some pipets are
very intuitive to use and others are prettyclunky to handle.   'Matrix'
is another company that has reliable and innovative multichannel
pipettors (adjustable distances between channel heads), but their
electronic programming is counter-intuitive and a bit of a pain to
reprogram for each use.
I have never used any of the brands you asked about.

Hope this helps
Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
Crop Diseases, Pests & Genetics