Where to calibrate micropipets

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum engelbert_buxbaum at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 01:20:54 EST 2004

Satoshi wrote:

> I would like to repair/calibrate a set of Eppendorf micropipets (10 ul to 1
> ml).  Could someone recommend me which lab(s) I should send to?  TIA.
> Craig

You can send them directly to Eppendorf for repair, but that means that
they are not available for about 2 weeks. Newer Eppendorfs can be
maintained on site, a manual that explains the necessary steps should
have come with them.

Calibration has always been possible on site (or at least as long as I
can remember), again the manual has the necessary details.

Checking for correct calibration is easy by using a balance and weighing
pipetted water (1 ul water = 1 mg).