``||´´_Linear_``||´ ´_Conformational_``||´´_Epitope_ ` `||´´_Retrieval

redeamer alion85 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 03:50:12 EST 2004

> in a case like yours, when Ab works so well, it is definitely a linear
> epitope. My opinion - do not waste more of your time.
> (you absolutely sure that you load at least as much or more of the
> deletion mutants on your gel for WB detection?).
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

almost sure... i could do a rough estimation from westerns with
control proteins with the same length expo in HRP assay... but i do
not quite believe that.. i do not like western in the sense of lacking
quantitative characteristics, however qualitative ones are SUPERB:)

yesterday evening read one book on immunology, there was something
like: "...somekind of interaction of native protein with somekind of
linear epitope is crucial for immunity against native proteins..." i
havent understood anything from that:) DOES ANYBODY KNOW how to
decipher that, or i was a bit wrong in my partial citation, partial
monologue...

intrinsic feeling is still inside me:(