Alternatives to Laemli?

Mon Feb 16 17:17:28 EST 2004

>                                                               lab
> gels.  Since there is
> > no stack with this one, sample volumes need to be small to get
> tight bands.
> There is no reason not to include the stacker.

Is there a point to including a stacking gel here, since the pH difference wouldn't be that great between the stacking/resolving gels?  I thought that was the point of a stacking gel-- having the pH difference at the interface of the resolving/stacking gel.  Of course, I've been puzzled how one can have precast gels, since presumably the pH difference couldn't be maintained upon storage, so maybe I'm wrong on this.