E. coli Question

EK someone at microsoft.net
Wed Feb 18 12:18:07 EST 2004

Culture at OD600~0.6 is equivalent to 1g/l dry cell weight. The cell pellet
is ~90% water, with 60% of dry weight being protein.Of course the above is
rough approximation. There will be strain to strain, medium to medium
differences, as well as the numbers will depend on culture growth rate and
stage.
Emir

news:f1a3bb65.0402180826.373b66a3 at posting.google.com...