Removal of DNA after isolation of Total nucleic acid?

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:24:28 EST 2004

>Hi
>
>I need to remove the DNA after isolation of Total nucleic acid from
>stool after isolation on MagnaPure LC, Roche. How can I do that easy
>and safe without destruction of any RNA in the sample?
>
>Elisabet W

There are RNAse-free DNAse preparations that can be used for this
application.  Coming to mind are Amplification grade DNAse I from
Invitrogen (I'm sure others offer a similar product), and RQ1
RNAse-free DNAse from Promega (I'm sure otehrs offer a similar
product as well).

Hope this helps.

Mike Sullivan

--