Removal of DNA after isolation of Total nucleic acid?

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at
Fri Feb 20 12:11:20 EST 2004

You can buy RNAse-free DNase from a good supplier.

It is also better if you used low-pH phenol extraction which removes most of
the DNA from the prep. Thre are also kits available from various suppliers that
will leave you only with RNA from a total NA prep.

Quoting Elisabet W <elisabet.witso at>:

> Hi
> I need to remove the DNA after isolation of Total nucleic acid from
> stool after isolation on MagnaPure LC, Roche. How can I do that easy
> and safe without destruction of any RNA in the sample?
> Elisabet W

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Coll. Asst. Professor,
Molecular Biology,