SUMO interaction in a Yeast Two Hybrid Assay

Tom Anderson ucgatan at socrates-a.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 23 06:33:57 EST 2004

On 20 Feb 2004, Andrew wrote:

> In my reading I've come across many examples of people utilizing the
> Y2H assay to demonstrate interaction between their protein and SUMO.
> Some investigators conclude based on their interaction data that this
> is SUMO conjugation;

You mean they use SUMO as bait and their protein as prey, and if they get
a positive result, they conclude that their protein is SUMOylated? Unless
i'm missing something, that's pure madness.

Could you give a couple of examples of such papers? Maybe i've
misunderstood what they're doing.

tom

--
Tom Anderson, MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, UCL