problems in conjugation with EDC

=?gb2312?q?=D3=C0=20=B3=AC=20=B9=F9?= pregyc at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jul 5 02:29:43 EST 2004

   Hi,all,
   I have get EDC (Fluka 39391) which is liquid form.
When I use it to conjugate BSA and a peptide(MW 1000),
I meet problem. The reaction include 3mg BSA in 160ul
0.1M NaCl,0.5 mg peptide in 100ul 25% ethanol and
100ul PBS buffer(0.1M ,pH7.0) followed by 50 mg EDC
dropwise at RT. I found that the protein seperate out
with insoluble form adhensive to the EP tube. Why?
What's more, what's the difference between EDC and
EDC.HCL?
  Thanks a lot!
                                          yours, guo
                                          July5,2004