Help with RT-PCR!!! What's wrong with my primers?

Duncan Clark blackhole at
Fri Jul 23 07:50:01 EST 2004

Historians believe that in newspost
<356e5246.0407230439.5bfa6405 at> on Fri, 23 Jul 2004,
Miao <meng.meng at> penned the following literary
>I even tried those primers to amplity from plasmid (containing my
>gene's cDNA), but none of them worked!

If they won't amplify from the plasmid then either the cDNA you think
you have isn't, the primers are wrong (or wrongly labelled) or you have
a something else wrong with the PCR.

Have you tested the PCR reagents with a known working set of primers and
shown that those reagents work OK.

If the cDNA is correct then there is little point running a more
expensive RT-PCR until you can get primers that PCR on that cDNA plasmid

they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.