Mysteriously Disappearing DNA

Shelley.Sandiford at Shelley.Sandiford at
Wed Jul 28 17:23:52 EST 2004

Just a quick question as I am new to cloning.  I have a sample of bacteria that
were successfully transformed with my vector/gene of interest.  The problem that
I am
having is that when I attempt to grow a new sample from my positive clone, the
vector (along with the gene) appears to be diluted out (i.e. something
resistant is growing, but no longer appears to contain the original vector).

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of "dilution" and/or have any suggestions
as to what might be happening (contamination, etc)?  I am open to any ideas.

Shelley Sandiford

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  This information may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return e-mail and destroy original message.  Thank you for your cooperation.