primer-dimers

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Thu Jul 29 10:17:44 EST 2004

Few primers will sho sero dimer or hp loop formation.  The key is to look at
the delta-G of the pairings and decide from there which ones should have the
least dimer/loop problems at the annealing temp. you will be using.

And, shorter overlaps are "in general" better, but that tells you little,
really.

It is better yet that you read up on PCR principles  thoroughly before diving
into it.

Quoting jmfopouk at vub.ac.be:

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.