Mysteriously Disappearing DNA / X-Gal instead of IPTG??

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 19:27:39 EST 2004

At 09:57 30.07.2004 -0700, Sergio wrote:
>Wolfgang Schechinger wrote:
>
>> expression that puts your bugs simply under stress. XGal inducible vectors
>> e.g. may be suppressed by including glucose in the broth.
>>

>Oppsss... you wrote it too fast :-)
>Just a small amend to your good suggestions: *IPTG* inducible vectors...

Thanks, Sergio, you're right. It's always the same mistake I make:
Everytime I approach the X-Gal bottle in the fridge, my intra-brain
molecular biology freak control center tells me to use IPTG instead... ;-)

Thinking about it more profundly: has anyone ever tried if X-Gal can be
used instead of IPTG, too? Like IPTG, it's Gal fused to a (maybe not so
much, but larger) lipophilic residue, just a little more expensive,
probably...

Wo

>Sergio

Wolfgang Schechinger